Skill Development & Employability Programme Jan 2022
Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to the employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when most jobs mandate digital skills as a prerequisite, completing this course will provide the participants a much-needed competitive edge. As businesses are evolving and becoming more dynamic, Microsoft (MS) Excel has become an integral and leading tool for most organizations across the world. MS Excel is the cornerstone of almost all organizational functions – strategy, finance and accounting, HR, sales etc. These departments work on complex spreadsheets representing financial results, budgets, forecasts, and plans required to make critical business decisions. MS Excel is equipped with the capability to automate number crunching, data analysis and data visualization. Having working knowledge of MS Excel has become imperative for every working professional, as the use of MS Excel across organizations is pervasive. A strong knowledge of MS Excel would help professionals to succeed in their respective career paths. For many people, MS Excel is the technology upon which they rely on a daily basis, covering a multitude of workplace applications. One can use Excel to access, process, analyse, share, and display the information with which one works. Applications for MS Excel have expanded far beyond the accounting and finance departments, to include users in virtually every aspect of business operation. MS Excel is a spreadsheet application that is primarily used for dealing with complex data analysis and visualization related tasks. The application effectively helps in turning vast amounts of raw data into well-organized meaningful information in minimal timeframes, thereby expediting the overall quality and delivery of work. Appropriate knowledge about the optimal use of the MS Excel software considerably adds to one’s productivity at the workplace, and this is why advanced level training on MS Excel is considered to be the need of the hour for professionals. Advanced Excel plays a very important role in structuring and presenting data so that it conveys useful information in a concise manner. The real power of MS Excel lies in the advanced functionality it offers. Having been designated as one of the prerequisites expected from the aspiring candidates aiming to join the industry, MS Excel is considered to be an indispensable Management Information Systems (MIS) tool employed by the end-users.
Objectives of the training
The objective of this course is to enable participants learn advanced Excel techniques and using them effectively in day-to-day work for cleaning and analysing large datasets, making quick reports, charts and dynamic dashboards.
- Participants will learn how to simplify complex spreadsheets
- Enhance spreadsheets with templates, charts, graphics and excel formulas to streamline their operational work
- Use advanced functions of MS Excel to improve productivity
- Apply visual elements and advanced formulas to a worksheet to display data in various formats
- Automate common tasks, apply advanced analysis techniques to complex data sets and collaborate on worksheets with others
Participants may learn MS Excel tools and techniques by enrolling in this hands-on advanced MS Excel training workshop. Participants get to learn MS Excel functions, shortcuts, data analysis tools, visualization techniques and many more features to raise their efficiency and effectiveness at work. After completing this course, participants will be able to design and manage spreadsheets, apply best practices, troubleshoot complex models, analyse large amounts of data with PivotTables and Pivot Charts, generate and customise charts to suit specific purposes. The focus of the workshop shall be to learn efficient ways of working to enhance productivity. Participants are openly encouraged to discuss real-life examples from their own experiences where they may be struggling with IT applications. Following are key features of this workshop.
- 20 hours of face-to-face classroom sessions to learn, understand, practice, and apply important excel features and functionalities
- Workbooks and Practice material
- Assessment and quiz
The concluding part of this workshop will also include sessions on preparation of reports in MS Word as well as presentations in MS PowerPoint. These two aspects are essential to gain proficiency in the MS Office tools package
Who should attend?
- Candidates who have basic knowledge of MS Excel and who want to learn more advanced skills in the same
- Candidates who want to develop a good understanding of reporting automation with functions, formulas, PivotTables etc.
- Candidates with a sound working knowledge of Excel, who wish to progress to the most complicated functions and features
- Candidates who want to develop their skills using a range of formulas and various advanced techniques to manage data in MS Excel
- Candidates who have gained proficiency in MS Excel and want to learn how to prepare professionally appealing reports and presentations