The students will undergo one semester of project work based on the concepts studied in a subject of their choice. The objective is to train the students for the industry by exposing them to prototype development of real life software.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
The students will work on any project based on the concepts studied in core/elective/ skill based elective courses. Specifically, the project could be a research study, or a software development project.
Project Group Organization/Plan
● Students will initially prepare a synopsis (500 words) and submit it to their respective department.
● For a given project, the group size could be a maximum of four (04) students.
● Each group will be assigned a teacher as a supervisor who will be responsible for their lab classes.
● A maximum of four (04) projects would be assigned to one teacher.
● 100 marks for end semester examination comprising Viva/presentation (50 marks) and project report evaluation (50 marks): to be awarded jointly by the examiner and supervisor / mentor.
● 50 marks for continuous evaluation (to be awarded by the supervisor/mentor). Work carried out in each lab session will be assessed out of five marks (zero for being absent). Finally, the marks obtained will be scaled out of a maximum of 50 marks. For example, if
30 lab sessions are held in a semester, and a student has obtained an aggregate of 110 marks, then he/she will be assigned round (110/(30*5)) i.e. 37 marks.
● The students will submit only the soft copies of the report.
● The reports may be retained by the examiners.